Guidelines for Selection
We take one categorical resident into our program each year. These individuals generally come from medical schools within the United States.
- All applications for PGY-1 positions in the program are accepted through ERAS.
- The application deadline is December 1 of each year. A completed application includes a standard ERAS application, a medical school transcript, a medical student performance evaluation, USMLE scores, a personal statement and at least 3 letters of recommendation (preferably one from and IR clinician). Applicants selected for an on-campus interview will be invited via email.
- Selection for interviews are made based upon the following criteria:
- Academic performance in medical school
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation to pursue a career in interventional radiology
- Past work/volunteer experience
- Publication experience
- Research experience
- USMLE performance (Step 1 average= 244 and Step 2 average= 251)
- A commitment to complete the entire residency program
- Candidates must meet UAMS institutional requirements for appointment as a resident physician.
- Candidates are informed of terms and conditions of appointment in their interview invite email as well as by hardcopy at the time of interview. http://medicine.uams.edu/current-residents/resident-handbook/benefits-2/
- All PGY-1 positions are offered in the NRMP match. PGY-1 positions unfilled in the NRMP match may be filled in the NRMP SOAP process.
For further information, contact Lacie Covington at (501) 686-6912 or firstname.lastname@example.org.