Interventional Radiology Integrated Residency
Mollie Meek, MD, Program Director
Lacie Covington, MBA, Program Coordinator
It is the vision of the Interventional Radiology (IR) division at UAMS is to become one of the leading IR centers in the country by providing high quality, cost-effective care to our patients and referring physicians while training the next generation of physicians and health care workers.
The mission of the Interventional Radiology Integrated Residency is to enable clinical Interventional Radiologists to develop a unique skill set that includes diagnostic imaging, image-guided procedures, and nonprocedural patient care in order to deliver excellent care to patients undergoing minimally-invasive image-guided procedures. To achieve our mission, we will:
- Recruit residents who are motivated to learn the medical knowledge and procedural skills needed to practice interventional radiology.
- Provide progressive, well-rounded training, including clinical management, across a broad spectrum of pathologies.
- Earn a reputation as a solid training program with hirable, hard-working residents.
- Develop clinically competent and technically advanced interventional radiologists who are able, without direct supervision, to perform complex procedures and decision making at the highest levels.
- Produce ethical, well-rounded interventional radiologists with a mind for quality improvement and cost effectiveness.
- Retain teaching faculty whose clinical practice and scholarly accomplishments are respected by peers and other specialists.